Biking, canoeing, rafting in the warmer months, snowshoeing, hiking, and bird watching in the cooler months...and no matter what time of year, eating, drinking, and napping by the wood stove is encouraged! Nine River Road is a chance to experience some outdoor activities while also immediately dropping you into a classic small town American lifestyle from the moment you arrive. The property’s back yard leads you down a path to the edge of the Delaware and the front door leads you to the sidewalk that takes you to Main Street where there are restaurants, bars, a cheese shop, a movie theatre, art galleries, antique and thrift stores, outdoor stores, canoeing and rafting outfitters and a bustling farmer’s markets on Sundays year-round.
In addition to those things available in your backyard or your doorstep, Sullivan County offers a wealth of activities to choose from and the Nine River team can help you craft the perfect itinerary for your weekend away.
- Bicycle down River Road (and beyond!) with our house bikes, free of charge for guests. Nine River Road is the perfect base to explore by pedal!
- Visit some of the charming surrounding towns with their antique stores and farmers markets.
- Go the long way and enjoy a drive through winding country roads, streams and the rivers that abound.
- Take a nap by the wood stove, just be careful not to spill your hot cocoa as you doze off and relax!
- Take a hike or snowshoe nearby.
Visit sibling property The North Branch Inn for dinner or brunch on Sundays
- Go on a brewery and distillery tour. There are 4 of them within 20-30 minutes of the Inn.
- Visit the Spa at The Arnold for some well-deserved pampering.
- Take a horseback riding lesson or enjoy a scenic trail ride.
- Go on a farm tour – nearby are full working farms as well as the popular alpaca farms where you can stock up on visits with baby animals, produce and warm winter socks.
- Play 18 holes of golf on top of the mountain (in season).
- Go tubing, kayaking or canoeing down the Delaware with Landers River Trips. Spend the day on the river (in season).